Friday, February 4, 2011

Truly Appreciative 11/25

Dear Central Staff, Members, and Friends,

Aside from my parents and grandparents homes, Central Presbyterian is probably the place where I have spent the most time. I was almost literally raised in and by the church. Central helped form my faith, has provided me countless opportunities, and been the source for many of my best friends. Thank you.

From John Chironna to David Perkins to Lant Davis, and from Francis Failing to Judy Lowder to Buck Brown, Jr., Central has had leaders within the church who have shown me what being a Christian means. These influences, along with hundreds of others, have certainly had an impact on the man I am today. Without my church family, I would not have the career I have, the relationships I have, and my passion for youth work.

My favorite worship service every year is the Christmas Eve service at Central. Coming home and seeing all of the people I grew up with makes me feel like a child again. I’m sure as life continues there will be many Christmas Eve’s spent elsewhere, but I will always look forward to returning home.

I hope this letter finds my church family well. It’s been three and a half years since I moved to Nashville, Tennessee, but that time has flown by. I am working as the Business Manager for Worship Resources at The United Methodist Publishing House. I am a volunteer youth advisor at my church, attend Vanderbilt basketball games, enjoy playing softball and ultimate frisbee, and root as hard as ever for my Cubbies.

Thank you, all, many, many times over for helping me grow as my life progressed. I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Truly appreciative,



Brian J. Moles

“When we stop loving the people that Jesus will never stop loving,
we have lost the essence of our faith.”
-Tony Campolo
____________________________
Central Presbyterian Church in Terre Haute, Indiana is my home church. I attended and was a member from my birth until I moved to Nashville in August of 2007. Other than my parents, my grandparents, and my brother and sister, no one group has had a larger impact on my life than my church family at Central.

No comments: