Monday, February 14, 2011

Truly Appreciative: 22/25

Dear Grandma,

There have been very few people in my life that have had as much of a direct influence on me as you and Grandpa. The two of you showed me what family truly is. No matter how distant a cousin, or not even related at all, someone might be, the two of you always cared for the whole family.

Grandpa was the strongest man I’ve ever known, both physically and mentally. I will never forget one of the days when he had a doctor’s appointment and I had to lift him from his wheelchair. His eyes showed his weakness, but his grip was still as strong as ever. That was the most surreal moment of my life and the moment I truly became a man in our family.

You are caring, generous, and everything I could ask for in a grandmother. Thank you for all of the support, compassion, and generosity throughout all the years. And thank you for showing me what family really is; I appreciate it all more than you know.

I hope this letter finds you well. You know that you if you ever need anything, I’ll be there for you. Thank you many, many times over.

Truly appreciative,



Brian J. Moles

__________________

Grandma is grandma. Need I say more?

No comments: