Friday, February 4, 2011

Truly Appreciative 14/25

Dear Aunt Barb & Uncle Jeff,

Throughout my childhood, my youth, and into adulthood, it's hard to think of better times than those spent with my family. The time spent in Grandma and Grandpa's living room, sitting around laughing for an entire afternoon or opening presents on Christmas morning in your basement are some of my fondest memories. But those times provided more than laughter.

The two of you showed me how to enjoy life, you showed me how to be generous, and you demonstrated the best work ethic I've ever seen. Most importantly though, you showed me what it meant to be a Christian servant to the world. You are both integral parts of my life and I can't thank you enough for all you've done.

I wrote this letter to both of you because for the majority of my life, I knew you as a unit. The timing of your divorce corresponded with my move to Nashville, so while I have heard very much about the goings-on, I have not been there to see it first hand as much as I would have prior to moving. I know we are all dealing with the change in our own ways, but it’s because of the things in this letter that I know we’re going to be okay.

If either of you ever need anything, you know you can always ask. Thanks for all you've done and all you'll continue to do. I hope I can return the generosity, laughter, and love. Thank you, thank you, thank you...


Truly appreciative,



Brian J. Moles


___________________________
Aunt Barb is my father's sister. Uncle Jeff is her ex-husband. I moved to Nashville day after his father's funeral and the day before he moved out. They were unable to have children, so me and my siblings became their children. There was nothing we loved more when we were little than spending time with them. Though we have grown and our family has changed, they will always be two of my favorite people.

No comments: