Friday, February 4, 2011

Truly Appreciative 12/25

Dear Second Staff, Members, and Friends,

I spent the first 24 years of my life attending the same church. My mom was our Christian Education Director and my dad taught Sunday School and led our youth group. Church was my second home.

And then I moved to Nashville.

After moving to town, I initially considered finding a different church. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to handle a church that was so open with their love. I wasn’t sure if the God I knew approved of some of the things Second stood for.

And then I found my Second home in Nashville.

I can not imagine where my life would be today if it weren’t for the open hearts and minds of the people at Second Presbyterian. You have helped expand my world view, open my heart to love the way Jesus loved, and explore my budding passion for social justice. I am all the better because of the kind words and works of everyone at Second. Thank you.

The future may take me to another place in this world (I have no plans to go anywhere, don’t worry), but I am truly glad that I know I will always have a home in Nashville at Second Presbyterian. Thank you, all, for all you have done for me, my family, and my faith; I am forever grateful.

Truly appreciative,



Brian J. Moles

“When we stop loving the people that Jesus will never stop loving,
we have lost the essence of our faith.”
-Tony Campolo
_____________________________
Second Presbyterian Church in Nashville, Tennessee is my current home church. I have attended regularly since I left my job at HH Gregg in November of 2008. I am a volunteer youth advisor and a member of the Youth Committee. Second has more passion for social justice than any group of people I have ever met or even heard about. Their ability to show love is truly extraordinary.

No comments: