Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Truly Appreciative: 23/25

Dear Jeff and Sarah,

My favorite thing about going home is spending time with the whole family. Being able to sit back and realize that no matter how far away we live or how our interests and passions have changed, we always revert back to being children when we’re together. We are a mother, a father, two brothers, and a sister.

The two of you helped shape me into the person I am today as much as anyone in this world. The three of us are all so different, yet so similar, and our different strengths help mask another’s weaknesses. For that reason and many, many others, we are truly family.

Thank you, both, for helping me learn to be compassionate, kind, generous, funny, and loyal. Being able to have an older brother walk ahead of you and a fearless younger sister behind you made life much more enjoyable for me.

I look forward to seeing where the future takes each of us, as the past and present have already taken us so far. I am overwhelmingly proud to call each of you my brother and sister.

Thank you, many, many times over for all you have done for me.

Truly appreciative,



Brian J. Moles

__________________
Jeff is my older brother and Sarah is my younger sister. Sarah, a graduate of Ball State University, is a preschool teacher in Indiana and Jeff, an alumnus of Indiana State University, works for Room in the Inn in Nashville.

No comments: