Monday, February 14, 2011

Truly Appreciative: 20/25

Dear Kyle,

From my first Sunday in Nashville, when you walked up after church and exclaimed, “Is this him?!?” to the Sunday when you left for college, when you left church with tears in your eyes, you have been one of my best friends in Nashville. Thank you for your friendship.

Not only have you been a friend, you have been a role model for both me and many others. Your passion for justice, peace, and equality runs so very deep; I envy that passion. Your confidence and willingness to take risks makes you who you are. Thank you for showing me the way I want to live life.

I hope school is going well. You and your family have helped make my time in Nashville fantastic. I hope I am able to return the kindness.

Thank you for helping make my transition to Nashville easier. Thank you for helping make my work with the youth at Second Presbyterian a joy. Thank you for your respect. And, of course, thank you for your friendship.

Truly appreciative,



Brian J. Moles


________________

Kyle was in my youth group for my first two years in Nashville and is now a freshman in college. He is like my little brother. Him and his family are the lifeblood of our church.

No comments: