Monday, February 14, 2011

Truly Appreciative: 18/25

Dear Neil,

Through the course of my life, I have attended numerous Presbyterian events; Presbytery of Ohio Valley’s Camp PYOCA, Synod of Lincoln Trails Synod School and Youth Triennium, and the Presbyterian Church’s Presbyterian Youth Triennium, just to name a few. At each of these events, there is always a leader who makes an impression on me; someone who makes me say, “That’s the person, and youth leader, I want to be.”

That person has been you many times.

From the first time we met at a Synod Youth Committee meeting when I was in middle school to our last meeting at Triennium this past summer, I always admire the way you carry yourself, your sense of humor, and, most importantly, your faith. Thank you for being an example, a leader, and a friend.

I hope this letter finds you, your family, and your church well. Thank you for being a role model to me and everyone you so graciously served.

Truly appreciative,



Brian J. Moles

__________________

Neil is a youth pastor currently serving in Ohio. The letter says it all: he is the youth leader I want to be.

No comments: