Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Truly Appreciative 4/25

Dear Dr. Campolo,

This past summer, I was fortunate enough to lead a group of youth to the 2010 Presbyterian Youth Triennium. I attended Triennium as a high school student and also took a group in 2007, so I thought I was fully aware of the tremendous power and spirit that runs through such an event. I was wrong.

The sermon you gave during closing worship at Triennium in July was the greatest sermon I have ever heard. Your words filled the room with the Holy Spirit. Through the stories you told and the bible references you provided with the stories, you showed everyone in attendance how amazing a Christ-centered life can be.

I watch the video of that sermon often to better remember something you said, but more so to re-motivate myself to never stop pursuing a better world for all. Your words inspire me and I thank you for that.

I am a Business & Marketing Manager at the United Methodist Publishing House and a volunteer youth advisor at Second Presbyterian Church here in Nashville. Your words help me strive for higher heights in these endeavors daily.

Thank you for all you have done for me and my faith. I hope this letter finds you well. Thank you, again, and God bless you.

Truly appreciative,


Brian J. Moles


__________________________
Tony Campolo gave the sermon at the closing worship of the 2010 Presbyterian Youth Triennium. As I stated in his letter, it is the best sermon I have ever heard. Here is a link to the video of the sermon: http://vimeo.com/14489484

No comments: