Friday, October 31, 2008

Just keep me where the light is

I write this as I lay in bed wondering what comes next. The latest chapter of my life has seemingly ended. I can't help but imagine what is next to come as the pages continue to fill themselves.

I write this as I listen to music that molds me, lifts me, heals me, energizes me, and has helped me become the person I am today. The music I listen to inspires me. The songs we listen to give us hope if only for those sparingly few minutes the play.

I write this wanting more. I want more from this world. I want to give more to this world. I want to help the world change for the better. I want the world to help change me for the better. We all want more. What it is we want is the question.

What do I want? I want too much. I want material things. I want emotional things. I want spiritual things. I want things. We all want things.

What things do we need? We need God. We need mothers and fathers who love us. We need hope and desire that never waivers. We need to be inspired and to inspire others.

We need to have nights where we lay in bed wondering how we got here, how we learned to call a place called Nashville home, how we came to love the same music our father's love, how we are hopefully beginning a career, and what we are going to do next.

We are in this together. We fill our lives with I's when it's the times of we that truly matter. Cherish those times. Do not, ever, let those moments pass you by unnoticed. Open your eyes, listen, and take the world in.

I write this as I fight the notion of sleep. I do not want to miss the world around me as it continues to move. I want more.

I am only a man,
B

No comments: