Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ngi ne themba.

1. I spoke my mind on an issue that might have gone overlooked otherwise at a meeting tonight. I spent the first 20+ years of my life being quiet, and I'm still quiet many times, but I've learned when to speak up. I kinda like the me I've turned in to.

2. The West Wing might be my favorite television show. Over the last several years, I have watched the series from start to finish a couple times, and I'm currently beginning season four. I know they're fictional characters, but this show gives me hope that there are politicians worth looking up to, that have the best interest of the American public at heart, and that are genuine, good people.

3. Sometimes I wonder if I've taken a strong and open stand towards a liberal agenda because it's what I truly believe or because the conservative right has driven me to it. I know I believe everything I preach, but I fear I have become driven by the fight instead of the passion. There are days when I feel that isn't true, but there are some that I do and that bothers me.

4. Why am I awake at 2:24am? And why am I not very tired? I couldn't tell you the last time I was in bed and asleep before midnight. I'm sure it was only eight or nine days ago, but I can't recall the occasion. My Dad would tell me, "You have your days and nights mixed up," and I'd shrug him off just like I did during my four years of college.

5. I've recently found a level of comfort in my job that I hadn't felt until now. I have always been comfortable at work in the sense of being relaxed and feeling like I belong. But until a few weeks ago, I hadn't felt like I was able to do my job, on my own, at a high level. Obviously, I still need help with many tasks and don't know how to do others, but I'm confident in finding a way to accomplish all of my tasks.

6. I've started running, again, in the past couple weeks. I say again because, in my few years in Nashville, I've started and stopped running at least three times. I'm hoping that this is the time it becomes a part of my normal routine.

7. I have hope.

1 comment:

Ashley Storey said...

I am going to try and refrain commenting about how I love the title of this post. But I did seriously consider getting it tattooed on my arm.