Saturday, April 11, 2009

Today, I'm just a little bit cooler than you.

I'm 26 today.  That sounds old as crap to me.  Not because it is, but because I'm closer to 30 than I am to 20.  30 sounds light years away yet it will be here before I realize it.

I turn 26 with a great love for the life I live and for the people I am so fortunate to share it with.  I turn 26 with a heavy heart; a heart that aches for the family of a 22 year old I have never met, nor did I know his name until Wednesday night.  I turn 26 with a sense of pride in the way I have been taught and have chosen to lead my life.  I turn 26 knowing that I will have hundreds, if not thousands, of Facebook notifications when I check tomorrow morning.

That'd be the best present ever.  A little red flag at the bottom of my Facebook home page with tiny white numbers reading, "724."

I hope all of you who read this are doing well.  I hope you are all in good spirits and good health.  I am truly blessed and I thank you for sharing your lives with me; it means the world to me.  Thank you and good night.

Happy Birthday to me,
B

No comments: